Before taking the leap into marketing and advertising, I worked as a fashion and music journalist in Montreal and Toronto. I wrote for publications like ELLE Canada, I appeared live on MTV’s The Aftershow to chat pop-culture news and fashion, and I got to interview/review some pretty rad bands when writing for Press +1, a now-defunct online publication.
Below is a selection of my work for your reading pleasure.
Trampoline – One of my client’s ads ended up on Ads of the World. That was fun.
ELLE Canada – You can view my portfolio of writing samples from ELLE Canada’s print edition. Some of my pieces appeared online, too. Click through for my words below:
- How Coco Rocha, Yasmin Warsame and Chanel Iman Chill (interviewed Yasmin Warsame and Chanel Iman)
- Romona Keveza Royal Wedding Inspiration
- Osheaga Style Snaps
- Meet 10 of the Hottest New Canadian Models (interviewed Chantal Stafford-Abbott, Anaïs Pouliot and Janice Alida)
MTV Canada – I got to do a lot of cool shit (i.e. hang with Lauren Conrad and shake hands with Quentin Tarantino), but the highlights professionally were appearing in various skits on MTV Live and being a guest on The Aftershow.
Press +1 – I wrote and edited for the now defunct online mag. A selection is below:
- Interviews: City and Colour, Taking Back Sunday, Jason Eisener, An Horse
- Concert reviews: Dashboard Confessional, Brand New, No Doubt, Osheaga Music Fest, Canadian Music Week’s Indie Awards, Kings of Leon, Steve Aoki
- Features: “2009 Year in Review: Celebrity High School Yearbook”, “Most Influential People in Entertainment in 2008”, “Revolutionary Road as Coming of Age for ‘Titanic’ Stars”
Momentum Magazine – A feature I wrote in 2009 on the raw food phenomenon, page 38.