I’m no expert on the Big Apple, but I’ve come up with a list of 10 stylish must-dos:
1. Best Gossip Girl moment. Have a snack on the steps of the MET or lunch at GILT, the restaurant at the New York Palace Hotel—aka the home of Chuck Bass.
2. Best fashionable movie reference. Head to the New York Public Library and re-imagine Carrie Bradshaw’s almost-wedding from Sex and the City.
3. Best literature reference. Read quotes from literature’s finest engraved in the sidewalk along Library Way (East 41st St. in between Madison and Fifth Avenue).
4. Best Audrey Hepburn moment. Have your picture taken outside of Tiffany & Co. The original is on Wall Street but the more popular location is on Fifth Avenue.
5. Best way to spend the evening. Re-live childhood and ignite your imagination with Mary Poppins on Broadway before joining the crowds in Time Square.
6. Best shopping. Shop with the trendy set in SoHo and Greenwich Village where Topshop, Uniqlo, Free People, and Madewell are within blocks of one another.
7. Best sweet spot. Dylan’s Candy Bar on Third Avenue is a three floor candy shop that carries over 5,000 kinds of candy and is owned by the daughter of Ralph Lauren.
8. Best summer drink. Sip the strawberry mojito at Whiskey Blue, the trendy bar at the W New York that’s owned by supermodel Cindy Crawford’s husband.
9. Best chic rooftop. The Strand hotel’s 21st floor lounge, Top of the Strand, has a bird’s-eye view of the Empire State Building and was designed by Lydia Marks, the set designer for Sex and the City and The Devil Wears Prada.
10. Best celebrity spotting. Grab a bevvy from Argo Tea Cafe in the Flatiron Building and head to Union Square. You never know who you might see.
Mary Poppins at the New Amsterdam Theatre in Broadway.