Back in March, ELLE Canada celebrated it’s 10th anniversary with a fabulous party at Loftraum. This fete will go down as one of the most memorable for me, and I’ve narrowed down my highlights of the night for you.
1. The auction. Canadian designers sketched their idea of the “ELLE girl” and an artist painted a mural live–these were up for auction + proceeds went to a brand new scholarship for fashion studies at Ryerson.
2. The fashion. Duh. With the who’s who of Toronto’s fashion scene in attendance, it’s expected that this would be one sartorially-savvy crowd. And disappoint they did not.
3. The food. The custom made drink, the CocktELLE, and the mini grilled cheese took the cake for best party fare. Even Twitter was all over the grilled cheese.
@maxmeilleur How do you know Grilled Cheese are in? They serve them at #ELLE10th right beside the fancy spaghetti covered shrimp.
4. The mile-long list of recognizable faces. Designers Greta Constantine + David Dixon, MTV’s Nicole Holness + Aliyah-Jasmine, Much’s Sarah Taylor + Lauren Toyota, singer Fefe Dobson, and models Amanda Laine + Rachelle Dobson.
5. The tweets. One of our intern duties was to tweet, tweet, tweet. Our goal? To get the #ELLE10th hashtag trending… and we did!